Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Kay is 93 today

 No trip to see Kay today. It's her birthday.  She is 93.  Both Tom and Peggy are under the weather.  It sounds like the flu. I don't know if they got a shot but it wouldn't make any  difference  anyway.  According to the CDC the wrong kind was made.  

We had originally planned to go see her and attend the Christmas party there  for the people.  So I had cancelled my ride that I usually take.   I would take a cab if she knew it is her birthday. I have a ride scheduled for tomorrow afternoon to attend the party that was postponed because of some problem getting the gifts on time.  I will let you know tomorrow how it turned out.  There will be dancing and gaiety.  You play some popular music and they like to dance.  Jitterbug?  You bet.  Not the kind of dancing they did when young but the do their best and they like it. They never dance here to the music. 

About Tacoma.  I thought as long as I can see a little I might as well show you what I can of Tacoma.  I have been here hundreds of times but always going somewhere else.  The town has never had been destroyed by fire or earthquake like Seattle or San Francisco so many of the early buildings built in the last 150 years are still standing.   This is the tower of a building I can see in the distance from the street where I go to walk my b/g off.  There is also the picture of a huge factory that makes pressed board I think.  It is hard to find out as Tacoman's dont know a lot about their town.  Then in another direction is the top of the Tacoma Dome.  I think it holds about 12,000 people. It is popular with entertainers who cant fill one of the huge stadiums in Seattle. The dome or whatever it is in a top panel has a cross on one side, in the panel facing the camera there is a 5 sided star then on the left of it is an interlocking scroll of somekind.  Next trip by it if possible I will take a better picture. 
Dome from street




Tacoma Dome from in front of building


Factory from street


MORE TOMORROW

No comments: