Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2014

A take of woe

 Kay seemed to be napping when I got there.  Although there was a schedule listed of events there didn't seem to be any staff there to make it happen.   When the med tech came and got her up to take here pills she stayed up and we went for a walk.  After a while I decided maybe she would like to put together a jigsaw puzzle.  When I got it out on the table I found that my eyes were too bad to distinguish the pieces well enough to put it together.  So back to her room.  

On the way home the bus driver gave me his tale of woe.  He had a falling out with his girlfriend and missed the deadline to enforce a writ by the sheriff to evict her. This went on for the entire trip home in spite of my  advice that could get him out of his predicament.  She apparently was a real stinker.  Near the end he mentioned he had another girlfriend to relieve the pain..  Just before we got home I had asked him how long he had lived in the apartment.  14 years he said.  As we drew up to my place I asked him how long they had been together.  14 years he said.  WOW.  That put a different light on the situation.  Now who is the stinker?   I dont know if she has a job or what income she has.  He looked like about 50 but could have been more.  So if she is about his age she has good reason not to want to leave.  As I don't see a particular driver very frequently I may never learn how this will turn out.  But I think there may be a lesson to be learned.  If I were her though I'd look into what a common law marriage can do for her.  Now we know one reason why God ordained marriage. Women: You wanted liberation.  Well you got it.
Have a nice day.

No comments: