Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Upcoming dinner tomorrow

 They must have had a late breakfast as Kay and a couple others were still sitting at the tables when I got there about 9:20.  I sat down beside her and she looked at me unsmiling.  Just looking not seeming to comprehend what she was seeing. I didn't know if I should leave her there or take her for a walk.  I decided to take her to her room after a short walk to see if there was any change.  I got my walker in position and she got up with my help.  but immediately sat down again.  But after a couple tries we went for a short walk then into her room to see if she recognized the truffles when I brought a wrapped on out.  She immediately recognized it. She walked so incredibly slowly.  So I watched TV and held her hand while she dozed.  I think some times she goes to her room and lays on the bed with me just to please me.  For instance today when I got up to leave she also got up and wanted to leave.  Whether because she wanted to be with me or tired of the four walls I don't know.  But I have evidence from other times that leads me to think this.  I had a care giver direct her into the activity room after I told her goodbye,  That hopefully got he attention off me while I escaped. A caregiver told me today that she finds her way to the dining room without help now which is amazing.  I also have not found her in other bedrooms either for quite some time.  Tomorrow we have family guests at our turkey dinner.  Bob is coming down and we will go over and   bring Kay back for dinner here.  This is causing quite a stir.  They have know I have been going over to see her every day for a year and a half  so they are no doubt curious to what she looks like.  Bettern most of them here you can bet.  I printed out our wedding picture and will have it standing on our table.
   

No comments: