Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Kay is smiling now

 Kay was in the activity room when I got there.  Breakfast had not been totally cleared away but I sat with her a few minutes.  She was like yesterday.  She would look at me and not smile.  I looked carefully at her and she looked with a look you would see in a little kid who was sick and felt bad.  Eye lid slightly down over the pupil and a pained expression.  I tried go get her to tell me if she hurt but I could not get a response.  After a few minutes I decided I would try a truffle so I took her into our place in the hall.  I could not give her the truffles with other people around.  We stopped at the pill giver at the entrance to the room and she took her pills just fine.  When we got to the table and chairs and I was giving her the truffles she began to smill at me and become more like herself.  No I don't think it was the truffles she was just doing something and perhaps wakine up.  We went back to the activity room where they were beginning their exercises.  I participated in the exercises although Kay did not as usual.  During reading the news and while we still had a little time  I took her to her room for the remainder of the time. 
You see a lot of these people with symptom f oncoming dementia. A lady stopped to talk with her friend across from me complaining that someone was entering her room and tearing it up.  OK, could happen but then she claimed that the second night it happened again but she was sleeping at the time.  That is kind of hard to believe.  Even if she had a hearing problem.  I have not paid much attention to this before but the past few days several women have shown symptions of dementia.  One got so bad she had to transfer to Cascade Gardens.  She is on the same floor as Kay. Sad

No comments: