Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Slap in the face. no?

 No trip to see Kay today.  This morning  after yesterdays surgery on my nose to remove a growth that turned out to cancerous they took some more skin off it so I look pretty bad. Not that I looked good before.  Worse.  I was actually concerned that I might frighten her with the swelling and gross bandage.  Tomorrow the gross looking bandage can be removed and replaced with a normal bandage.   I will no doubt still be swollen up even though I will be putting ice packs on it for the next two days.  I hadn't looked in the mirror this morning when I went to the med room   and it was beginning to swell up which shocked the LPN.  Apparently he had never seen the aftermath of surgery on the face around the eyes.  He did 't know what to do and would call the doctor.  I was also concerned because the swelling had come up so quickly and wanted a doctors opinion  I told the LPN that I could send a picture but he said they don't do that.  (That  figures) If he had not learned it 25 years ago it didn't happen.  I was in my room when I got a call from a nurse there at Cascade Skin care.  I talked with her and she assured me that swelling and bruising was normal.  I know that because of experiences I and Kay have had in the past.  I told her I could send a picture and she liked the idea so I sent a couple.  After looking at them she assured me it was perfectly normal. She also said the picture was very good.  Meaning they have had experiences in the past with less that adequate pictures.  I might as well post it and let you see what she got.

  

No comments: