Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shuttle forever. Forever getting there.

The shuttle was late getting there today and was very late picking me up. About an hour in fact.  I called while on the bus and told Cascade that I would be late.  Unfortunately I didn't know this until after I left Kay on time and was waiting outside.  I could have stayed with her much longer if I had known. 

She seemed sleepy in the activity room so after a few minutes I took her to her room where I gave her a truffle.  I had restocked.  She refused a second one.  I think because she was so tired.  I sat beside her holding her hand until time to go.  Not long because it was so late.  Then I just went outside and waited the better part of an hour.  That always burns me to have to do that. Finally I saw the bus drive by in the alley and hurriedly called the dispatcher and told her there must be a new diver as she could not see the alley entrance as she went by.  All I got from the dispatcher was "couldn't be that bcause we have all these thousands of addresses and it was another bus."  I've been here 400 or more times and there never has been another bus but the one assigned to come on this route. You cant reason with an opinionated person such as this. They develop this attitude from the people who usually ride the bus.  Occasionally someone such as I use it and they assume I am just the same kind to push around.  I have spent a year learning how this system works and have some idea.  At the moment they have  new software to schedule which causes problems plus  supervisors who think they know it all and that can be a problem. There is more to this but more later.

No comments: