Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Beef with the shuttle

 Kay was asleep when I got there today.  I sat there until the pill Technician came in which woke Kay up.  After the pills K ay took me on a walk around the hall several times.  Finally we returned to the room where I stayed until time to go. 

 Returning was the low part of my day.  The bus was very late.  About 11:30 I called the dispatcher to learn when I could expect it's arrival.  I was told in 6 minutes or so.  Finally about 10 minuts to 12 the bus arrived.  When I tried to get some information about why it was late I got some so very nasty response from the woman driver. It escell ated from there until she said she did not have to take me on her bus.  As it was nearly an hour late I told her I was going on her bus and that I was going to be late for lunch and my medication.  Before meals I get insulin. It happened to be Candy on the bus.  The driver took Candy into the building and was there for some time. When she came back I got on the bus   and started back to Cascade Vista.  On the way I called the dispatcher to learn why the bus was late.  After a short discussion I learned that I was on the manifest for this bus.  This means that when the driver went to work that day I was on her list to be picked up.  It also means that probably Candy was also on the list.  (passenger manifest) This is not the first ti me this has happened.  In a prevous time they held the same passenger (candy) over to go on my bus.  I think Candy had to wait a long time. I believe in this instance I was informed the bus had arrived early for me but Candy had been waiting around for me but finally they called me early to get on the bus. In my conversation with the dispatcher I don't think I mentioned my beef with the driver.  On the way back however we were met by a supervisor there at Cascade and another person in addition to a person from the Shuttle company.  We discussed my confrontation with the driver although I had not complained about her to Cascade or the Transit company. The manager from Cascade was on the receiving end of the diatribe from the driver. I guess I should have told them don't talk to me as I made no complaint to  anyone about the driver.  She must have been really nasty to the lady at Cascade for her to call the shuttle company and complain to them.  Might also  get an idea of how she treated me.  But as this is all about a driver I didn't complain about I feel pretty much at ease. They should talk to the people at Cascade  not me. I did not complain to anyone about the driver.  I have noticed that even drivers become domineering bureaucrats.  The higher up they are the more domineering they become.  Until as president they can start wars.  But drivers can become bossy as they are usually dealing with sick poor people who are used to being pushed around.  When they come up against people like me or the person at Cascade who  know the score they lose their their perspective on how to treat people and what happened can result.   

No comments: