Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

An interesting day today.  I got to Kay's late.  Not until 5 to 10.  In the front yard was the lady (candy) who comes to see her husband.  She is in a sort of drivable bed.  I think I mentioned her before.  I thought she would be a good subject for a movie. She liked the idea but the Caregiver stepped in ad made it uncomfortable for us to proceed.  Caregivers are not someone who is in charge, They are there to help you with what you want to do.  But this one thought this could not be done because of privacy matters.  Any spouse in charge can have their pictures taken or not to have them taken.  Of course people in the facility would not have their pictures taken.  But that is the one who has power of attorney to decide.  But to avoid an   unpleasant situation Candy suggest we just wait another day.  That turned out to be today.  She and her husband were waitng in the yard for their bus which turned out to be the bus I came in on.  I took some video then went upstairs to visit Kay.  A half hour later at 10 30 they told me my bus was waiting. This is a half hour early.  I went down stairs and the bus was the same one I came on.  They had loaded Candy, husband and caregiver then had them wait until they called me half hour early.  That turned out ok for me as I was able to get some video of them today.  I had just a half hour but I saw Kay which was the important thing. She seemed sleepy anyway.  
My plans now are to video her going out to eat with him and to go to her apartment some time and get some copies of her pictures to insert in her video.  She like the video I gave her as she said she watched it two times. I also have to find out something about her.  I have an upgrade of the video which I am sure she will want to see. 

I am real lonesome for Kay as I always am after dinner.  I was going to schedule two visits a day but it takes so  much time I cancelled the rides in the afternoon.    

No comments: