Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Meaning of the fourth.

 Happy 4th.  I am sure all my readers know the meaning of the fourth of July.  It is more than shooting off fireworks and remembering that the founding fathers signed the declaration of Independence.  A noble document. Other important things also happened on the fourth.  On July 4th  1863 the battle of Gettysburg was fought that had 55,000 casualties over a three day period.  The only reason this could happen was that the men fighting were fighting for a cause. That a simplified explanation. Can you imagine a war today that the country would accept that number ?   There has not been that many killed and wounded in 10 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan.  The Moslems fight and die for a cause.  The Ukranians fight and die for a cause.  Today the  Americans no longer have anything they consider dying for.  All we get now is Multiculturalism.  Who wants to die for Multiculturalism? Just makes it harder for the politicians to find enough men to fight their wars.  To overcome that problem they are now going to robots and drones. 

I did not go to see Kay today as it is a holiday and they automatically cancel rides that are scheduled for holidays.  I forgot to sign up for a ride separately.  So  I am taking advantage of the time so spend as much time as I can working on my video project. I must have it complete by my birthday. 

See you    

No comments: