Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Kay hurts and the run around

 When I got to see Kay today she seemed to be in pain. She was holding her hand to the back of her neck which she used to do with a neck pain.  Later she was still pain so I told a caregiver that I wanted to talk to a nurse.  Soon a youngish woman came and asked if I wanted to talk to a nurse.  As I had never see her before I asked "are you a nurse."  She said no but I can get the ball rolling or something similar.  So I told her how, when Kay holds her hand to the back of her neck, she is probably having neck pain.  I said a previous doctor had prescribed muscle relaxer which I only used part of the time.  At first more than later.  Since she has been at this place I have not seen her with neck pain until today.  I couldn't remember the name of it but got it later from Walmart. It turned out to be Flexeril.  So I went over Kay's new problems expecting her to follow through with her promise to get the ball rolling.  After a considerable time and after the shift change I heard nothing I contacted the head nurse on duty for the swing shift who told me she knew nothing about what I had told this girl. That really ticked me off because these places all too often give you the run around think you old fuddy duddy wont know anything about what to do about it.  But after talking to the nurse on duty at night  and she or any if other ones knew anything about it it was apparent the girl had gone home without doing what she said to me she would do.
This is a common treatment we get at these places is seems.  Tell them anything they are so ignorant they wont know what to do anyway. I of course
will not sit still and they do nothing about Kays pain.  That was the major subject of yesterdays post.  I wont sit still while Kay is hurting and  I get lied to. The upshot of all this is that the Dr, is coming tomorrow morning and I will be there to talk to him.  Oops.  Just talked to Deanne and Dr. is not coming tomorrow as it is the fourth of July. I would see him Monday. Kay seems good now. 

Monday I am going to meet with the Dr at Kay's place and talk to him about her medication. 

No comments: