Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Loveis verything for this couple

   I got so excited today about a new Idea  that I completely forgot the shuttle ride to see  Kay. The idea is to get her fixed up for  my birthday one last time the way she used to fix herself up.  It cant be done to her hair as she only has short hair  now.  But we can to her  face.  All except  putting on eye lashes I suppose.   I  came back from breakfast  and after making coffee I started looking on the internet to see who I might contact to do her make up. She used to go to Jean Juarez Academy.  I was thinking that one of the beauticians might do it as most of them are expert with makeup even though  I don't think they do facial makeups.  I thought they do things only with the hair. I am supposing that the Kids will be at least taking me out to lunch or something like that. She has not done anything like this for the past 10 years.   She may reject the idea as people with dementia can rebel at doing anything they are not used to.  But I am assuming that her experience in this for so many  years will cause her to accept someone doing it to her. I will have a picture of her 30 or 40 years ago and then a recent one to compare the two. 

She was asleep when I got there and stayed asleep for probably  45 minutes after I got there.  I sat beside her until she woke up then held her hand.  In the meantime I watched the TV.  


Some people think I am "noble" or some such because I go to see her her every day.  I don't hold a candle to the two people  pictured coming up.  She is completely paralyzed and is in this movable bed.  I  have seen her several times going to see her husband there where Kay  is.  She goes a couple times a week  I think.  
Loving couple


No comments: