Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kay uses her walker.

 I found Kay sitting in the hall by herself when  I came in.  There is a bench at the bend in the hall and people can take a rest when walking the hall.  This time she had her  walker with her.  I wanted to take her outside to to the patio and sit with her as the weather was perfect.  Not too hot or too cool for her.  I had to help her up to the walker.  She was very unsteady.  Trying to make her body turn to properly position herself at her walker was hard for her to do.  I had to steady her while she got into position.  Lam wondering if she was sitting there because someone had helped her to that place and she had no way of getting up without help.  Once we got started walking she seemed quite able to walk.  Slowly of course. We went to the patio and getting her down and to the chair from the walker was also difficult for her.  It would have been hard for her to do it alone. I had to tell them the past two days that she needed some attention.  We went to her room after a while as I was very tired from  lack of adequate sleep last night. A little secret here.  I use this time to catch up on my rest.  She seems happy just to be near me.  Always holds my hand.  When I left she waved and seemed quite happy.  I will check tomorrow  how they manage to get her to use the walker and if they have to get her up and down like  I have to do for her.  

1 comment:

senior emergency alert said...

Encourage independence. Even if only a small amount of the activity can be undertaken by the patient, it all helps toward promoting self worth and maintaining an independent lifestyle