Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

At the OCB today

Eating at OCB


 Tom and Peg took us out to eat at the OCB today.  I am amazed at how feeble she is  getting.  She has been walking pretty well once she gets up but now it seems she is having a lot of difficulty even walking at all.  The next time Tom says he is going to bring the wheel chair for her.  I have noticed that she does seem to have more difficulty walking than she has had recently.  She weighed 100 pounds today.  Strange.  She hardly ate anything today compared to visits previously.  the last time she didn't eat very much either. But before that she ate very well.  How could she  gain weight and eat less?  I am not sure she is eating more at where she lives or not. I have checked a few times and she seemed to be eating her normal amount.   I am pretty she is not eating a lot as what she is eating is the tasteless menu  everyone else eats.  In spite of me asking them to season her food in order to make it more interesting.

A sad experience a few minutes ago.  The med room was full of people and one lady asked to get something to eat as she had not eaten since yesterday.  The nurse said she had eaten and she had been to the emergency room and back today.  I think this was a real shock to her as when I went out she seemed deep in thought and probably realizing that something was radically wrong with her.  If you lose hope you realize you might be dying.  I am sorry it could not be handled any other way. The nurse should have realized this was serious and tried to handle it in a manner that would not have been such a shock that the information would be to her. 

No comments: