Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Uproar at Kay/s place.

  I'll skip complaint about the shuttle as it was quite good.  When I got there Kay was in her room.  When I got out of the elevator which is across the hall from the dining room.  There were several women standing around the closed door to the dining room. I had never seen it closed before.  There was a caregiver there telling them it was not time to eat.  Recently it seems they want to eat even though they had just finisehed eating a short time before. The woman from Uganda whom I talked to yesterday wanted in to eat.  The caregiver was  telling her  it was not time to eat.  Suddenly  they were fighting with the caregiver fighting or pushing the lady from Uganda down the hall.   I kept walking down the hall hearing this commotion.  It seemed to settle down somewhat by the time I got to Kays room about 30 feet down the hall. .  I have heard a surge by people asking when they were to eat. Kay seemed to appreciate the two truffles and crackers she got today.  I've never seen the door to the dining room closed before.  When it is closed it leaves only the TV room for them to go in for something to do. There is not enough room for everyone to go in at one time.  Some do not want to go in the TV room.  I don't know the reason it was closed.  They make it useable for activities by clearing off the tables.  

I would think that all events such as this should be reported.  Then someone could evaluate progress of this sort. People with dementia have various levels of  aggressiveness. The man who attacked Kay seems to be gone.  His name is no longer on his room.  Maybe he was just moved.  The  friend of mine before I even moved to Covington, who  had run a group home for men, said they could become quite violent at times.  From my observations there where Kay is that is true.  I dropped off to sleep while on the bed and was notified by the caregiver that my ride had arrived.  I actually got home without any other stops and as he was early anyway I was home by 3 30.  The earliest yet. That's great as I feel somewhat rested.  

I saw the little old lady with the long hair but it isn't so long.  Someone had it cut.   I have been told she does have visitors.  So it had to be them as the people working there can not have it done.  I saw her actually as  I got out of the elevator just before the incident described above.   As I got out of the elevator I saw some one who looked like her but with short hair.  As  I greeted her and patted her on her shoulder the look of recognition came on her face and she turned to me and puckered up expecting her kiss which I gave her.  It must have brought something into her mind of the past and she now remembers it well.  I think it indicates a longing for love and attention they are not getting cooped up there with nothing to do but roam the halls. So sad.  

No comments: