Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

More complaints

 This is getting so mundane it is probably boring to read.  However I am still having problems with odor and proper bed covers.  The other day I pointed out to one of the caregivers that Kay had only one sheet and no bedspread.  She said she was waiting for me as she thought I had taken them.  Who-ee! What in the world would I want with them???  So they fixed the bedspread and sheet problem I suppose although I could not feel a pad on the bed.  Thats their problem.  They still had not put pillow cases on the pillows! Today they finally got cases.  If you only go once in a while it is hard to know what is going on. I don't even have to look and I don't but I go every day and I cant miss these things. I don't think the bosses want this but I think it is just poor supervision.  Poor management.  At least I certainly hope not. No one in supervisory capacity has   been there to see just how bad it was.  Unless they don't care. I hope that is not the case.  I dont know what kind of an electrician wired the exhaust fan but it was not working which contributed to the bad smell.   I spent a year coming to visit Kay and this is the first complaints   I have made. I did not want to make a nuisance of myself. My guess is that the people doing these most menial and disagreeable jobs are the lowest paid workers.  Only  the most desperate will do them I guess.  If that is true, worker performance will always be poor.  You dont get good workers at the lowest wage.  I doubt that the owners and managers will see it that way.  But the pay scale is upside down. Try paying these people more than the people who have a less messy job. Give them an incentive to do a good job and stay on the job. Money works best.   

No comments: