Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2014





 I sent the message to Tom about the condition of Kay's room and left the dirty work to him.  When waiting in the lobby for my bus a guy who lives here came in to the area and sat down on one of the sofas. Before long I smelled something much worse than where Kay was yesterday. I didn't think it could get worse than that.  But it could.  This is a guy who looks like a homeless person.  He does not associate with others here.  He doesn't eat in the dining room but I have seen him eating a sandwich from time to time  With the advent of warm weather he put on short pants and I could see how emaciated he is.  His legs are just skin and bone. I was absolutely shocked.  But he stunk so bad it was like being in an outhouse.   To get away from him  I had to move to the other side of the room and even there the smell followed me. Fortunately my bus came shortly after  I  moved and I was on my way to see Kay.  I found her in the activity/dining room and took her outside to sit in the warm sun. Soon we had to move to two chairs in the shade because the sun was so hot although the weather was not all that hot. When checking out of Walmart on my first trip using my new bus pass  I saw some gum and remembered that she used to chew gum.  So I bought some and when leaving gave her half a stick as that is what she would have chewed.  I don't know how this is going to work because I don't know what she will do with it when finished.  On leaving I told the caregiver that if it causes a problem I would not do it again.  This care giver is beginning to speak to me asking how  I think she is getting along. It looks to me there has been some discussion about me to improve their image as it relates to my visiting. That they really are concerned about people in their care. I've had to point out several things recently that needed improving.  Only things that really impact how Kay is treated there.  Food, bed clothing, lost clothing etc.  I feel I have been very lenient and not too critical on how they do some things. However some things just can not be overlooked.  Everything was good today.  Strange way of making up her bed though.  Pad, sheet, pad, bedspread.   But clean. I Was so tired going over  I thought  I was going to have to take nap there but I got through it ok.    I think Kay is getting used to me leaving at the end of our visit. I gave her the usual goodbye and a kiss and she didn't seem very put out.  Good. I  have a solution now, let Tom do it!  

No comments: