Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday

 Fairly good visit today.  I got there in reasonable time and got back without any stops.  She was awake and I immediately took her to our favorite haunt and I gave her some truffles over the time of my visit.  I did not bring her some pudding which I should have done.  She seems to be losing her thinking ability.  The inability to understand instructions to hold on to the walker, or other things like going with the caregiver when she has some personal attention to do with her.  It's heartbreaking to see her going down hill but you know what is coming. Leaving her gets no easier.  We sat in the sun or quite some time then I took her to her bed and we stayed there for about a half hour. I took her to the community room when it was time to go.  Usually I get her attention and tell her goodbye.  Then leaving. She knows I am leaving.  Today she was involved in unwrapping a truffle when I told her goodbye and I don't know if she knew I was leaving.  From innattention or not hearing me say goodbye.  I didn't even know she had a truffle so maybe she had confused the truffle paper with a truffle. But she could have gotten the truffle out of my bag without me knowing it. She knows truffles as she will dig into my bags to get one. 

Years ago her hearing was getting bad and I don't know if she even heard me tell her goodbye.  Of course I don't know how bad it is now as she cant tell me. She certainly knows truffles so there probably was one.  It doesn't get any easier  to leave her.  In fact it gets harder as she goes downhill.

90.4 pounds today.  In light clothes. Naked that would probably be 88 pounds. This seems to be down a couple from the last time. 


No comments: