Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday

 A nice visit today.  Then back to here for the formal dinner.  Tennis shoes for me. But I did put on a tie white shirt and jacket.  Maybe next time I will wear my dress shoes.  I had forgotten all about them. I always wear a white shirt, tie  and jacket for these formal dinners although I don't think anyone but the women dress up.  Even they are quite limited as I don't think anyone here has the shape or money to get too dressed up. Few would have these kind of clothes anyway. I think I might get Tom to get me some better duds for the next one and really shock them.  I play along as they do go to some extra once a month for these events.  The owner shows up too, they get a musician to perform.  The lady at my table says the owners wife has dementia.  I don't know whether to believe her as I thought she said some days ago that she helps her husband out running Cascade.  Anything from a resident can not be believed until it is checked out.  The fairly young girl at out table who talks like Kay does but whose mind seems to work ok was supposed to be attacked by her husband with a baseball bat.  But the two others at my table said that was nonsense.  The caregiver who said that didn't know what she was talking about. 
This event is especially important to the management as they are making a movie of some sort so I suppose it will be a promotion.  As I was one of the few dressed up I got some attention from the camerperson.  I asked  what they used for an editor but I had never heard of it and have promptly forgotten it.  Even the name of the company hired to do the job.  I gave the girl a copy of my latest movie about Kay and background.  Since then I have figured out how to improve it without taking a couple months to do it.  

Kay was not in her usual haunts today so I immedately notified the Caregiver so she could look in the other rooms for her.  There are about a half dozen so it does not take long. Before she could go far another Caregiver was bringing her from some one elses bed.   I don't know if it was a mans or woman's bed.  Very common as I have said. Sometimes when I am with Kay the door to her room is continually opening from patients walking the halls.  Probably lost too.  

I got a chance to talk to the main person today at the dinner as many of the management dress up and walk around talking to the residents.  As they were doing the movie they cleared up the tables of personal items and changed the table cloths.  This is the person who is in charge of what Kay eats.  It sounded from the way she talked that she might not have known this came about because I complained of her losing weight.  She said Kay seemed to be eating better.  I told her to season the food and getting her off the puree would probably go a long ways towards fixing her losing weight problem.  I gave her a couple truffles during my stay and a yogurt which she ate as if she was very hungry.  

No comments: