Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sept 3, riding the Shuttle


Kathleen Gudgel
I went to see Kay again on the shuttle.  I have been trying it out to see the best way to use it.  The only thing you can be sure of that it is undependable as far as your time is concerned.  You must forget about  any sort of schedule.  Still you cant look a gift horse in the mouth. 
.  You can understand this if you know how it works.  It picks me up and deposits me there.  However it can be delayed up to a half hour in arrival because it may pick up other passengers before it gets to me.   Then it can drop them off on the general way to where I am going.  Today it had only one other passenger to pick up at Tacoma CC then drop her off before I got to my destination.   I gave up wondering which way it takes me to get to where  I am going because the driver is always plugging into the GPS device which tells him which is the best way.  From what  I have seen how it works in the taxis  it might be the wrong way  select the shortest and best way way to go. I have seen drivers talk on the phone, manipulating the gps while driving.  I am not all that worried because I have not heard of any accidents involving drivers of shuttle buses getting into accidents.  Operating the GPS while moving is a little unsettling to me because they have to take their eyes off the road as it is down below the windshield and to the right where the console would be.  Stay  tuned and I expect to provide evidence in the near future.  It has taken me a hour to get to my destination which is about 12  minutes driving time.  My main complaint is that these buses have no springs.  they  ride are hard as a rock.  

Edith Brown and Kay

No comments: