v
It worked better with the 12:30 pick up but this is Saturday and usually Saturday and Sunday are much better than during the week. Kay was in her own bed but opened her eyes instantly when I eased myself down on the bed. She smiled and kissed my hand. I got her a truffle and she ate two. I lay on the bed for a while then I asked her if she wanted to take a walk. She did not indicate she wanted to go for a walk so I just stayed on the bed until it was time to go. We watched the Arts channel. I select it because she can enjoy the dancing without having to listen to the dialog.
I got a complement from Jaiden who looked at this blog and likes how I treat Kay.
I see why it is not always good to live a long time. I talked to a lady here in the dining room today and no one comes to visit her except a granddaughter who seems to be managing her finances rather what is left of it. She is 96 and seems to have outlived her kids as I understand it the granddaughter is managing her affairs because her kids are not alive although they could be living somewhere else. But I think it is because they are dead. The lady also said her granddaughter also said she had used up all her money although I know nothing about that of course. Which brings to mind the fact that if you live long enough you will die broke. There have been several who used up what they thought was an adequate retirement but through inflation and rising living costs what seemed to be plenty to retire on was not. I am thinking of Geneva Hemry and now this lady as good examples.


No comments:
Post a Comment