Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday. nice visit


Kay with little sister Shirley.
Just got back from my daily visit  to Kay  She was in the community room with about 6 or 8 others.  No conversation was going on.  Which is usual. Alone  they normally can not start a conversation.  Kay was not asleep so she immediately saw me and smiled. I sat next to her a few minutes making some chit chat with the group.  Most of them can not create a conversation but will respond.  After a short time i took Kay into her room and gave her a toffee.  I was so tired I just turned on the TV ad we watched some ballet on the arts channel.  t seems lke when I get outside and do some exercising I can get over the dull tiredness that comes on me during the day after a poor nights sleep.  The shuttle didn't get me there until 2 pm After holding her for a while I took her back to the community room and I sat with her for a while. On the other side was apparently a new guy who wanted to talk. At first he sounds ok but before long you begin to wonder  whats he talking about.  Especially when he starts talking about going to Calgary that night to get his horse.  Nothing makes sense but things are all jumbled up in his mind it seems.  Sad situation  

I could see no reason to leave Kay there so I took her back to her room and then on out to get the shuttle back.  It was prompt and I was home  3:20.  The earliest for some time. 


A couple incidences.  On my way down to the room where we get our medicine  Called the Med room  naturally I heard some commotion in the hall and when I looked out I saw a man trying to get into rooms by checking doors.  He was also shouting something about locking the rooms or let me in.  I could not understand. So I went on but looked back and saw that when He got to my door he tried it but naturally it was locked.  I went back asked him what room his was and he said 429.  Well I live on the 5th floor so I told him to come with me and I would take him to the 4th floor as I told him he was on the wrong floor.  I let him off at the 4th floor and continued on to the Med room and told the attendents  that there was a guy lost on the 4th floor.  So I saw one run in that direction and figured it was taken care of. After dinner I went back to my room but at the room next door was "Nannie" a little old lady in a wheel chair who has a hard time getting around.  She moves very slowly.   I asked her what was wrong and she said she could not get in her room.  She had no key (again). I told her to come into my room and I would call the Med room and get someone to come up and open the door.  When she came in and saw the Orchid that Mary had given me the day she came over a week or so ago  it was fully opened up and looks real nice.  So I called the nurses station and got her back into the  hall so they could let her back into her room.   Two good deeds today. 

Doyal Gudgel

No comments: