Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

9/16/2013 Shuttle Trouble




 I made it over to see Kay this morning,  I had to go in  the morning because I had an afternoon trip scheduled with one of the men at our table to show me where Safeway and Radio Shack is.  She was in the community room where the TV is.  A little later  I took her to the patio where we watched the traffjc go by.as people like her can not initiate a conversation. They do not do much of that.  Just sit there quiet.  I usually on arriving  or leaving comment  to the group  like "Hi everyone "  They always answer me so I know they like to talk so someone  I usually have a piece of Costco Almond Toffee with to give to Kay which I usually do outside. I thought it had rained too much to do it outside. Today I decided to give her a piece in the room  but that meant I would have to do the impolite thing of giving it only to her.  So I steeled my self and figured to heck with the cost give each one a candy.  So I handed one out to each and fortunately I had just enough to go round.  They all enjoyed the candy immensely. I am going to ask the head nurse if it is ok for me to give a candy to the people there..I will have to figure out a schedule or find contributors will throw a little in the pot to  help out.  I  go every day so after a while it will begin to add up.  

I went down and waited for the shuttle   but it did not come.  I called and they said the shuttle came but there was a no show.  Which meant I did not show up for the shuttle at the scheduled time of 10:30,. I knew I was close to the pick up time but thought more likely the shuttle was early and missed me because of that.  I knew that the driver punches a button when he arrives at the pick up point so  called back and asked them what time he had arrived.  Sure enough it was early so I got my no show erased from my record. More likely the driver had asked a patient and not a worker if I was there.  The person the driver asked for me said I did not live there. All the workers there know me



Kay about 88 or 89

No comments: