s
I went to see Kay today. She was in the TV viewing room. There were maybe half a dozen others. I have seen hotter days but for today it was not too bad there. It has been unbearable with the heat. Some there were hanging their heads sleeping as is common. Kay is not to that stage yet. She recognized me and smiled in appreciation. We sat together for a few minutes but moved to another set of chairs where we could be more comfortable. She was wearing a heavy sweater as if she was cold. I felt her cheek and it was cool but other parts of her were warm. Something I can not understand why some old people seem to be cold no matter what the outside weather is. You've see them before. I tried to get her to go to her room so we could be together more comfortably but for soome reason she did not want to go. Soon a worker came and I had her help me get Kay out of the room and take a walk down the hall. She must do more walking as her muscles are atrophying badly. We must make her walk. I am not sure we can do that. I am so afraid she will be in a wheelchair if we don't get her to do more walking to build up her muscles. The worker told me there was a patio at the end of the hall with chairs so we went out on the deck , held hands, smiled at each other and relished each others company. I can not forget that this has to end in a few minutes. She will have to return to thinking about nothing until our next visit.


No comments:
Post a Comment