Ok family. It is OK now. It is safe to leave Kay in the mental institution. She has forgotten you and me and her past..... Unless something reminds her of it. She has accepted her place there not because she has forgotten but she needs someone to remind her I visited her today and found her wandering the halls. When she saw me her eyes lit up and could not get enough of caressing and kissing my face from pleasure. She remembered me but I don't think she remembered me until she saw me. Has she forgotten you? Visit her and find out.
The corn plant here bloomed for us. This has been seen by few people.
Another incident few people have experienced. I went to the Dr here at the facility and in the inquiry he asked me how old I was. When I said 92 he expressed amazement. He even had the nurse confirm it. Throughout his check up he kept expressing amazemet. Here is a copy of a letter I sent on the subject
--------------------------------------------
To avoid having someone come and take me to a Dr I just told them here to have me checked by the Dr that comes here periodically. I figure it doesn't make much difference. In finding out about me of course he asked me how old I was. When I told him 92 he stopped and looked at me and said NO WAY you cant be 92. I believe he even asked a confirmation from the nurse. Throughout the interview he kept commenting on me being 92. He asked me where he had run on to the name Gudgel. Later when he learned that Kay was in the other facility owned by the same owner he said that is were he ran across it. He would be treating Kay. If you were impressed with the number of walkers in a retirement center multiply that several times adding wheelchairs in assisted living like here. That is where this doctor spends his time. Constantly in daily contact with overweight, sick, physically handicapped diabetic people most of them around 60 barely hanging on because of their diabetes . To find someone who looks alive and alert (I hope) at 92 just is never seen. So that is why he seemed so impressed with me. He asked the nurse why I was not living with Kay. Of course the reason is the facility does not have provisions for a mix of patients like us living together. The nurse said she did not know so he told her to look into it. I don't have much hope that can happen but would /t it be wonderful if it could?
I have not seen a lot of people in my age group so have asked an occasional health care professional how many patients who are in my age group and I get the answer "lots" What this doctor tells me they are lieing.


No comments:
Post a Comment