Kay is gone. Tom took her to the resthome. I walked her to the car. I came back to the apartment and started taking down the poster pictures I had pasted to the walls with thumbtacks so the walls could be repainted without extra work. I found that taking them down was more work that putting them up. The reason was putting them up was done over a long period of time but taking them down will be all at once. In the intervening time I am 9 years older and shrunk even more resulting in a back that is very painful. Over the years I have shrunk about 4 and half inches. The result the lower back is painful. Fortunately I can relieve the pain by just sitting down. Not everyone can do that.
Apparently the rest home goes out of it's way to get the new person to forget they are in new surroundings without their familiar faces they know, love and trust. Tom called me a couple times to let me know how it was going. The bedding was poor so they went to a mall and bought new bedding. Tom is planning to take me on Saturday to visit. I have created a video of my exciting efforts to take down the pictures. I am offering them for free except the interested party pay the postage and cost of the special box they come in. I suppose the cost would not exceed $10.00 Most of the posters are 20x30 inch from Costco so they are top quality. The attempt to upload failed for some reason. Generally there was something wrong with the password or login name. I am trying it again. I will post the youtube address when I succeed. Sometimes there is something wrong with the picture addresses but I probably just
mistyped the password.
No comments:
Post a Comment