Took Kay to the followup from her hospital experience. He wants to do an endoscopy. All well and good but how do I keep her from eating and drinking things from midnight to about 3 pm when it will be done? She is in a real foul mood today. Getting her to take her two pills a day is hard. I poured her some cold cereal and some milk but she would not take her medicine or eat. I went to the computer after setting out the milk and cereal and about 5 or 10 minutes later I heard her call and found her still standing in the same spot next to the stove. I gave her a spoonful of by then soggy cereal then asked if she wanted to go back to bed which she said she did. So I led her to bed and got her in it. 20 minutes or so later I looked in on her and she might be asleep so I opened the blinds so she could look out on the world of the street which she likes to do when awake. The time is coming when she will not know anyone so a visit at that time will not be very enjoyable. Now is the time. Tom took her for a short ride the other dail which she enjoyed immensely.
The dr wants to do the endoscopy because of some off reading on the blood report. And the reason that she may have a stomach ache from an ulcer. But what can they do about it more than we are doing now with the protonix and iron pill? She only seems to complain now and then. She used to complain in the same area from the results of her shingles several years ago. The doctor probably thinks I am nuts to attribute the possibility of pain there to shingles after all these years but in some cases you never get over shingles. Hers was extremely bad. Looked like 3rd degree burns.
Maybe I just wait for the Dr. Walker visit tomorrow and then decide whether to cancel or not.
Any ideas I had yesterday about why she has low blood iron made no impression on the Dr so perhaps all this stuff I am doing with low fat, lactose free diet is a waste of time and effort. I couldn't get a straight answer from him on that. Usually they don't want any advice from the patient interfering with their godly decisions
There is just one thing in the back of my mind is the many times Doctors just bury their mistakes. It is happening all the time. I have to defer to the doctors advice of course but at the same time I have to live with Kay and do what is best for her. Hoping I make the right decision. She certainly does not have pain all the time it seems which raises the question does ulcers pain all the time. If I can get a straight answer from Dr. Walker tomorrow maybe what I do make is the right one.
Have a nice day
No comments:
Post a Comment