Telling white lies is just second nature to some people. For some reason telling the truth is not as good as telling you a lie to mollify you in some way. They seem to think you need it. That seems to be the norm for the the young geek salesmen at Fry's and other similar stores. I find it especially bad at Fry's. This usually happens when the sales person doesn't know the answer. They seem to feel they have to say anything but "I don't know". I never go to a salesman there for information but go to the central location where the same people are assigned. They are regulars and are more likely to have an answer.
The lady who works for me tends to feel she has to avoid telling me she doesn't know. Yesterday I called this to a halt and told her I was not going to stand for any more of these white lies. I confronted her with evidence she told me a lie and I would not put up with it any more. Even then she made it worse by denying it was not a lie but the evidence was there. She is good in other respects like honesty and stealing so if I can get her over this tendency to tell me these little white lies I will be able to get along with her. I just can not stand lies. I would be lying if I claimed my life was free of lies completely but only the big stuff! So I have had my own problems in the past but white lies are not one of them. I must add that my attitude to lying depends on my responsibility to tell the truth. If you have the authority to ask a question then I must tell the truth. If you don't have the authority to ask then it is none of your business. Have a nice day
No comments:
Post a Comment