Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

 I just came back from Fred Meyer which is 6 blocks away.  In this distance, actually within about a block area. this is what I encountered.  At the light on the main road. a 4 lane highway, which goes to Fred Meyer and shopping area a woman sailed through a right turn almost hitting me on my 2 wheeled scooter.  This was so close I had to do a panic stop to keep her from running over me or me running into her.  At the next block there is a building on the corner obstructing view of what is coming up the sidewalk (me) so cars tend to just slow down for the stop light and look for cars coming from the other direction.  Again I had to stop from getting run over. About 50 feet past the intersection a guy decided to make a U turn in the middle of the block where I had just passed the guy making the California (sorry California) stop and I had to go onto the gravel at the side of the road.  Last time I checked this was illegal but that was 60 or 70 years ago so maybe you can make a U turn in the middle of a block now. I always ride facing traffic because I want to see who is trying to run over me, Well this guy was trying to run over me because he didn't look anywhere except behind him for cars when he made his U turn.  

All this happened to me in a block and a half distance.   

Have fun and a nice day.  Watch out for pedestrians. 

No comments: