This is funny so I will take the time to tell you. For eyesight and technical reasons I needed to replace my current monitor with a larger monitor. The current monitor was a nice small screen Lenovo with DVD input. This made a great monitor to check my Movie maker progress when I wanted to. Right on the bench next to the computer display. The software of the Lenovo was great. They did a good job. Not like most Chinese stuff. The DVD player worked fine and would play most kinds of files. The Visio TV at Walmart did not list on the box like other TV's what inputs but the clerk checked with her machine and said it had HDMI. So far so good so I bought the thing. However when I got it home it did not have even a USB input for me to input a DVD player. In the meantime I was very carefully taking care of the receipt in my wallet. Of course . So no problem to take it back. Mistake. I parked in front of the entrance and got an employe to come out and take it just inside to the return counter. Packaged stuff like this has to be checked by someone in the electronics department. In this case a harried female clerk working alone to handle electronics which included the photo counter. Repeated calls for for someone to come to the return counter went unanswered which I knew from being back a little earlier to buy the TV. Of course me being a lowly customer pulled no weight when I told them there was no one there except for one woman and she was invisible most of the time. Finally they got someone else who was a supervisor of some kind to do the job. She got the box when I told her why I was returning it and showed me the picture on the side which proved it did have a usb input. I explained that I had got my information from the instruction booklet in the box but she said sometimes these were wrong. As long as I had no receipt I thought I might as well take it home and check the actual TV. So while I went to get my car she carried the TV outside and sat with it until I returned with the car. So off I go to install the Visio TV. But hold on when I got the box home and looked at the name it said Emerson. Same size and very similar but different make. It was only 228 not the 248 I paid for the Visio With the inputs I wanted however. They keep very close check on inventory of course with their computer. They check out the TV by model and serial number. We had not got to checking in my TV but they no doubt had on the one I brought home the second time. So after contemplation and knowledge that someone might be talked to about where the TV was that was no longer in their inventory I decided to take it back and let them straighten it out. This was too complicated of course for the clerk at the return counter so she called someone higher up to come and take care of the situation. So I settled back on a stool and waited and waited and waited for someone to come. I had not brought the TV in because I wanted to have it straightened out before this as I was satisfied with it instead of the other one. I wanted to keep it but get 20 bucks back if I could. So finally after cooling my heels a long time I figured I had done my part and went home and completed the installation. So the final situation is that I have what I wanted even though the TV was 20 bucks less than the one one I paid for and walmart has a TV not in their inventory plus one missing from their inventory. One of the downsides to such a huge corporation is the inflexibility to the rules they have to have to reduce fraud. Oh well, it's their problem not mine. But I wonder where that receipt is.
All surplus antiques, collectibles and everything not needed for daily living will be disposed of. We want to save our kids from having to decide what to do with it when we die. That is a time of chaos. I am listing everything at http://realancient.blogspot.com free for family and small price to non-family members
No comments:
Post a Comment