Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Kay is back


I have learned that you can not necessarily trust a doctors report.  I got the hospital reports of her 2 emergency trips to the hospital and her hospital stay.  For things like this.  I necessarily have to trust the doctor for what to do about it and in this case was to send her to the hospital. This I did explaining what I had done and how she had reacted to the diarrhea.  They knew on Friday that by the time I got her to the Covington emergency she had not had a bowl movement for a couple hours ad did not have any after that even though we got 
to the hospital about 11:00 PM.  They also knew I had given her 2 Imodium before she was taken to the emergency room.   Why was there nothing said about her not showing any signs of diarrhea at that time?  True she may not have been able to have a bowl movement by  then but there were no indications of diarrhea distress either.  From then on she never indicated she had any diarrhea.  The fact is they claimed she had some sort of inflammation in the intestines which indicated diarrhea so proceeded to give her antibiotic drip until noon Sunday when they suddenly just stopped it and put her on solid food.  That was yesterday so it has been just a little over 24 hours since she started on sold food so has not had time to have a normal bowl movement I think.  Virginia Sheldon said it takes about three days to get back to normal.   Yesterday she hardly ate anything at all but only today has she started nearly normal.  


My guess is that the diagnosis of inflammation might have been in error and was made to justify putting her on antibiotics because there was no other indication of diarrhea remaining.  My thoughts are that the decision should have been not to send her to the hospital when she had been there 6 hours of so without indication of any diarrhea.  That is just a guess from a non medical person so is probably  off the mark.  In any case it filled an empty bed for a couple days  making a few thousand more for the company.  If there is any truth to the above analysis,  that would be the second time I am aware, of outright  misrepresentation.  The first was my recent eyelid lift where the anasethic caused the most horrible experience of my 90 years resulting also in a trip to the emergency room for a CAT scan and an MRI.  Not even mentioned by the operating doctor. 


I know there are a couple words misspelled but the spell checker does not seem to work. 


Doyal 













All surplus antiques, collectibles and everything not needed for daily living will be disposed of. We want to save our kids from having to decide what to do with it when we die. That is a time of chaos. I am listing everything at http://realancient.blogspot.com free for family and small price to non-family members

No comments: