One of the biggest mistakes I made in my photographic career was to take lots of scenic pictures. I like scenery. I like to look at nature. Taking pictures these days is not like taking pictures when you had to lug an 8x10 wet plate camera and all it's associated equipment to places no one had seen before. It's hard to find scenery unique and different that would raise interest in anyone. I have a great scenery picture on my computer room wall but no doubt it has been taken literally a million times before. So scenery is great but only a few will you want to spend any time looking at in 30 or 40 years. That was my big mistake. Now my regret is that I didn't put someone in the picture. Then the picture would have meaning. So now I wish had not taken all those pictures. Even then after processing I would look at them for a few seconds but then on other things. But I did have fun taking them hoping to see something I would love 30 years down the road. I would have loved people better. Especially Kay and the kids.
Do you have Glaucoma? Important things you may not know. Go here to find out what the doctor may not be telling you.
4 years in 3rd Inf in WW2 Go here My less heroic contribution. KE7PLR Established (born)Aug. 23, 1921


No comments:
Post a Comment