Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Man kills wife who had dementia

I read in the paper this morning about a guy named
Spelling who killed his wife who had dementia then killed himself. His situation is similar to mine. He married his wife very young and depended upon her for 61 years. We are similar but I have been married to Kay for 71 years. I depended upon her even more. This guy was from a rich well off family. Me? I was just a poor country boy at loose ends. I needed Kay to keep me on the straight and narrow. Who knows what would have happened to me if I had not had her to lean on. But I believe I am more dependent upon Kay than Spelling was on his wife. However I could never put a gun to the head of Kay and pull the trigger. She has many more problems than Spelling's wife had. But I could never do it I think. I wonder how this guy down near Tacoma was able to kill his two young boys with an ax then burn the house down around them. I cant imagine raising an ax to kill someone or pointing a gun at a person's head and pulling the trigger. That is not some abstract thought but I have come up against it in real life more than once. More than once Kay has been in such misery and pain she has told me she doesn't want to live any longer. More than once when she kept insisting I have told her I can do nothing about it. Fortunately this has passed and she returns to living in her dementia. It would be terrible to be in a condition where I am faced daily with her in such a condition. But I could never do what Spelling did. Actually I think he was in a similar state of mind that Josh Powell was in who killed his boys with the ax and burnt them to death.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have Glaucoma? Important things you may not know. Go here to find out what the doctor may not be telling you.

4 years in 3rd Inf in WW2 Go here My less heroic contribution. KE7PLR Established (born)Aug. 23, 1921
Posted by Picasa

No comments: