Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

A sub culture

Kay was in the activity room with the others as they took their exercises. I participated for a while then took her around the hall and back to her room.  She seemed so tired as she walked so slowly.  Much slower than yesterday.  I took that as she was tired so  I took her to her room and she lay there until it was time to leave.  The visit was short as I got there at  2:00.  I left at 3:00.

There is a culture unknown to the ordinary person unless they ride the shuttle.  It focuses through the shuttle.   So if you dont ride it you dont see it and of course unaware of it.   Riding the shuttle today was a woman I talked about before.  She is in a sort of bed as she reclines with her feet up on oxygen.  After the driver picked me up today he went to get her.  She was going over to get her husband and take him out to Burger King.  I think two hours is the shortest time you can order a pick up and a return.  As my delivery and pickup was two hours she was also on the same bus I was on when I left.  Her name is Candy.she was terribly injured in an auto accident when only 6 months old.  Whether her present condition is an extesion of that I don't know.  Such as recovering then this illness come on her.  Maybe her husband took care of her first illness and this is why she is so dedicated to him. That could be the reason she is so faithful to him.  This is just one person in this culture you probably know nothing about.  I gave her one of my DVD.s of Kay and me.  I will send this video to anyone who would like one.   Gotta go as I am very tired. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the items re; the shuttle "culture".
Cal said he gave the items for you/kay to Tom....so whenever you see Tom. he has the stuff I sent w/Cal...for you and Kay.
Stay well!