Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Things get testy in Assisted Living.

I  went to see Kay this morning at  9 and returned at 11.  I  am going to try this until Wednesday and possibly make those times permanent or try it for a longer time. I don't know if it will affect her since she is so used to me coming in the afternoon. I want to change over to give me more time to work on the video project before I get so blind I cant work the computer any more. She was in the activity room not watching the woman leading the exercises as I don't think she can follow them. I took her to the patio for a few minutes but thought it might be too cool for her although it was perfect for sitting out side. I watched the disasters going on in the Ukraine for a while until it was time to go.  Those Ukraine politicians are worse liars than American politicians.   Many people here are diabetic.  It is easy to see why.   I eat about half a bowl of cornflakes but the lady across from me eats 3 bowls for breakfast and puts a banana on it besides. .  Plus other carbohydrates. Her doctor only has her b/g checked once a week.  I take that as he has given up on her and feels it is useless to try to manage her diabetes.  She uses a wheel chair but seems to walk quite well when necessary.  I know that when I lost 40 pounds years ago I was able to walk for miles.  Before I shed the fat I could not walk much more than a hundred yards.  She needs to lose twice that or even three times 
that.
I repeat.  You do not mess with Alma.  A few days ago a nice young thing new here went away in tears because Alma just lit into her for nothing really.  Somedays she is just a tiger. She knows all the words to hurt.  She has had about 85 years to learn them.  Today the fairly new girl that dispenses the pills got on the short stick with Alma for no reason actually. This girl wasn't doing too well with personal relationship with the residents.  Today she apparently has been told to try harder to get along with the residents and be real nice to them.  I was first and the change from her previous demeanor  was  dramatic.  When she finished with me she addressed Alma who was talking to the lady across from me.   Alma just lit into her and said she was not talking to her and from then on it was one insult after another.  Even as the Pill medic was walking away raising her voice as she went.  Paul who used to sit across from me left for other climes when she insulted him.  One thing that really sets Alma off is to ask where she got her information.  As I have said before you can trust nothing you hear.  This is worse than Army scuttlebutt. I am so glad the lady sits across the table as she now is the object of Almas talk about herself or her family.   I have had two or three months in the same position and am so glad Alma  has another one to direct her attention towards.  The last few days the time or two Alma started on me I stood my ground and just told her I was having none of it.  It seems that is the best approach.  She like people to run off with their tails betwee their legs, Besides Iusually am listening to my head set radio and am not interested in talking to her although I will acknowledge her conversation  one way or another. But I would really  rather listen to the radio. 

Things were hectic in other ways today here because a lady in a wheel chair blew up and accused the lady across the table from me of stealing her chair. She was just adamant in a loud voice accusing her of taking her chair.  The woman across the table was not there during the first part and knew nothing about what was going on.  When she finally did come to the table she said she didn't know it belonged to the woman for one thing she is always sits in a wheel chair.  Good point as I have never seen her either in a chair.    How she knew it was hers as they all look a like to me.  This one had arms.  Mine has arms too so I offered it to her but she didn't accept it.  Maybe because she never sits in a chair had something to do with it.  Cops feel that a full moon has something to do with strange behavior.  Is there a full moon?  

There  were a couple  other blow ups from women spewing words you would never think a woman would know.  I can't remember the reason.  However they all came from women I would think are in pain.  One is going blind has something to do with it.

No comments: