Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Good and bad. Mostly bad

 The trip to see Kay started out ok, The visit was something else.  Late in the visit I noticed that Kay was holding her hand over her left ear.  That is how she indicates she has an earache. When I discussed her ear aches and what to do about them the last time I told them I gave her ear drops.  They wanted to know which one.  I went to the druggist myself and learned that there was no medication in the drops.  Essentially a con game about ear drops for kids.  But they worked for Kay and I had to figure out what it was.  I know this is possible because by accident at the Auburn General Hospital when Kay was in for anemia I talked to a nurse there who knew of this kind of situation.  I have learned now that when she gets the ear drops she gets the effect of the Gerdes disease or acid reflux washed out of her ear and it will stop aching.   So the ear drops was working but not why I thought it was working before.  It simply dilutes the reflux effect or washes it away.  At times I had to administrate the ear drops a couple times or even three in extreme cases.  But the Doctor there   is the same one I quit as soon as he tried to change my diabetes treatment  to give me long term complications from my diabetes.  I am guessing he noticed that the ear drops had no medication in them and decided to disregard what I  was doing to fix Kay's  earaches.   There was nothing in the record to tell them to give her ear drops,  Just let her suffer was his solution. I learned about the ear drops working before she got so bad she could not tell me they were working or not. She still holds her hand over her left ear when they hurt. This is exactly why I hated to put her in an institution because she can not tell people what is going on and they are too stupid to listen to me who treated her for earaches for 10 ten years. Quick transportation both ways today.  This doctor wanted me to just relax and let my diabetes run wild.  After all I had controlled it for so many  years and now I needed a rest. When I kept managing my exercise and food intake to keep it in control he prescribed they not give me insulation if it was under a hundred mg/dl. Which meant my a1c would be going up towards 7. I think that is criminal to do that. Anything over 70 to 80 brings on long term complications.  Heart, eyes, cholesterol, peripheral neuropathy and many many others. 

No comments: