Kay
I stayed at Cascade today to see the Veterans day program. Afterwards as it still was not 3 oclock I called my yellow cab driver Roger and had him take me to see Kay. She was not in her room and the attendant found her in another room in someone else's bed. I did not go in but from what I could gather she did not get up willingly. This is a common problem with people in Kays condition. They can not find their room so take any that comes along. Sad. When she saw me she relaxed and went with me to the iron table and chairs in the hall. There I gave her one Costco Toffee and several graham crackers. I am sure she was hungry as she really seemed to want them in fact she didn't wait for me to get them for her. She opened the package herself and tried to get one out before I could do it for her. As I was a little later than usual and I like to get back by 4 pm to get my insulin shot an hour before dinner. I got the cab to come and get me about an hour and a quarter after getting there. Leaving her took an extra assurance from me that I would return tomorrow. Tomorrow I will take the shuttle instead of a cab. Sitting here in the evening is lonesome and leaving her in the afternoon is also lonesome. She needs family taking care of her. Not some corporation. I don't know how they keep the good attitude they show when I am there. I think they do a good job even if I am not there. At times I get some treatment by a patient that if done by a normal person would bring resentment from me. I have to remind myself a little to remember that they are not in their right mind. So get over it quickly.
Kay has shown some antognistic traits recently. A care giver told me a couple days ago that she was pointing at others in the community room and saying "bad bad" I have no idea what there is about them she does not like. Other diseases have an end usually. Dementia goes on and on. She needs family.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment