Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Visits almost every day

I don't think we had a dryer at this time




It's about 9:30 PM and I am listening to the swing years on KUOW.  She has a good series of swing tonight.  Sometimes she selects some slow more sweet stuff, but today it is a good selection of good  swing.  Today is the 3rd day straight I have been to see Kay.   Today  I was taken by Robin and Mary to see her after they dropped off some stuff Tom sent over.  I almost daily send Tom an email of something  minor I need.  Kay has had a number of visitors this week, so much that some think she can  use a slacking off of visitors for a day or two without her noticing it.  But I look at it this way.  Even if she has a couple visitors an hour each she still has 22 hours with no visitors.  It is good to have visitors but it is hard to overdo it considering the number of hours she is alone.  We took her to Krispy Kreme for a donut for her.  She is talking very little.  Mary commented on that.  Of course that is one of the first things that goes.   I remember back when she was tryng  so hard to talk and could not get the words out.  It would just tear your guts out seeing how she tried.  You wanted to help but you could not. At first you could, most of the time,  most of the time figure out what she was trying to get out. Then you could understand less and less and finally as she is now she doesn't usually even try to talk.  But she can express her love and affection by her contact and look at you. I will never be satisfied with her getting more acclimated  to her being without family and friend contact because I am sure the more she gets adjusted the less she remembers her family and friends.  Monday Cheryl Brady  and another former  neighbor Marsha Tank are going to visit her and will take me over too of course. Kay and I helped Cheryl out in a difficult time for her and she never forgot it.  

My eyes continually get worse and worse.  Today I found that my cataracts seem to be having as much effect on my sight as glaucoma and mackular degeneration.  I also found that light polartity getting into the only eye that is working has a great effect under certain conditions. Wondering how I could build something that would create the same effect as looking through a tube such an empty toilet roll I remember back to my photography days where for photography purposes a polarizng filter should do the same thing that I am looking for.  Looking at an object through a tube eliminates light coming from the sides (and top and bottom too of course) and this reduces glare.  I would not think that something like this has been overlooked in optometry all these years.  I will close this and do an internet  search and see what I can come up with.
There is more show in the wild than in a theater Kay loved to go with me into the mountains

 












thy

No comments: