Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

Visiting with Tom and Peg



Tom and Peggy brought supplies today and then 
 we went to see Kay.   She was half dressed but still in bed asleep.  When she woke up she was passionate in her greeting to me. Kissing, hugging and caressing me.  More than I think she has ever expressed before.  I think it was good for Tom and Peg to see how she missed me.  She was not quite as uninhibited towards me when she was 18.  A little more reserved! She would have been more cognisant of the spectators then.


 With some difficulty got her up and better dressed to go out to the Krispy Creme.    I asked her somewhere between getting dressed and getting to the Krispy Creme place if she was hungry.  he nodded her head that she was  I figured she wanted to sleep more than get up for breakfast and lunch.  She is that way at times.  I don't know if she is ravishingly hungry but I would be if I had not eaten breakfast and lunch.  In any case she did eat two doughnuts and a little of the ice cream Tom bought.  Dementia patients frequently just stop eating then die from malnutrition.  I do not think she is  anywhere that state yet..   she still recognizes people and can dress herself when she is in the mood and do other tasks when she feels like it. She even tried to tell us something.  I did  not quite understand what it was.  

We had a ball watching the doughnut machine make and bake doughnuts.  Some kids there were fascinated with the process also.  

We finished the doughnuts then went back to the facility and after a few minutes I reluctantly said goodbye and left.
I expect to be back tomorrow with Bob 


2 comments:

ChrisAinley said...

Uncle Doyal,

What an awesome model you are of a faithful and loving husband! (You are for me a real-life example of the husband in the movie, "The Notebook") May your weekend be filled with unexpected blessings.

.. speaking of 'blessings' ... are there any of those dough-nuts left ? :)

Chris

Unknown said...

There are thousands of doughnuts left but they cost about 7 bucks. Thanks for the comment. I will have to order the Notebook. Keep watching and you will probably see many ore devoted husbands taking care of their wives.