Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Aftermath of WW2

The truth about what was going on in Europe after the end of hostilities is becoming more visible. What was really going on has been known but has been kept under wraps for the most part. Now a new book has come out cataloging how revenge done to the Germans by the Russians, French and others.

As I was there at the time I can attest partially to what the book is about. I say partially because a GI normally has a limited viewpoint because of his isolation from the society he was in. I was a little less limited because I was the driver for the Executive Officer, Col Coyne of the 3rd Divarty. I drove him as he directed our occupation of our section of Germany.

The Daily Mail newspaper in England reviewed the book by Dominic Sanderbrook entitled "The Year Of Vengeance"
Here is a brief excerpt of the book.

"Nemmersdorf, the first German territory to fall to the Russians, every single man, woman and child was brutally murdered. ‘I will spare you the description of the mutilations and the ghastly condition of the corpses,’ a Swiss war correspondent told his readers.

‘These are impressions that go beyond even the wildest imagination.’

Near the East Prussian city of Königsberg — now the Russian city of Kaliningrad — the bodies of dead woman, who had been raped and then butchered, littered the roads. And in Gross Heydekrug, writes Keith Lowe, ‘a woman was crucified on the altar cross of the local church, with two German soldiers similarly strung up on either side’.

Many Russian historians still deny accounts of the atrocities. But the evidence is overwhelming.

Across much of Germany, Lowe explains, ‘thousands of women were raped and then killed in an orgy of truly medieval violence’.

But the truth is that medieval warfare was nothing like as savage as what befell the German people in 1945. Wherever the Red Army came, women were gang-raped in their thousands."


Me? I say who needs war?




The article can be read at the following link

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119589/How-neighbours-turned-anarchy-erupted-Europe-aftermath-WWII.html#ixzz1qcDxUEEP
-------------------------------------------
Do you have Glaucoma? Important things you may not know. Go here to find out what the doctor may not be telling you.

4 years in 3rd Inf in WW2 Go here My less heroic contribution. KE7PLR Established (born)Aug. 23, 1921
Posted by Picasa

No comments: