Walking the tracks at Edmonds WA
I went to see Kay today as usual. She in a sparsely populated room. I took her out to the patio as usual. the weather is definitely more cool. How much longer we can do this is a mystery. I always put her heavy raincoat on her as she tends to be cold no matter what the temperature is. We held hands and I put the headphones on her and let her listen to Classic King. The shuttle did not pick up any other passengers so I had about an hour with her. When I took her back she did not object to my leaving and as usual I told her I would be back tomorrow. There are two bad times to my day. When I leave her and when I go to bed. I'm thinking as I leave that what does she have left? Nothing but to sleep. She can not initiate a conversation do she just sits there and does nothing. When I go to be I think of her again alone with no one but strangers to look at. I am alone too. No matter how many activities I have done during the day. It.s alone at night and not any expectations of it changing.
I got an interesting Email from Bob saying today that a couple radicals of the Anti Vietnam War movement are writing a book and heard about me and want to interview me. Well they have come to the right place as I covered everything on the war in this area. I was head of the KTNT TV news bureau in Seattle so covered everything that happened. Some of their friends I photographed during that time. Paul Dorpat one of their friends who I gave all my still pictures to with the understanding that he would give them to the U of W. He volunteered this I did not ask. I just thought he would write something about the subject and use the pictures. He was a contributor to the Seattle Times newspaper at the time as a historian. I must be getting old as I am just beat and need to just rest and listen to the Swing Years on KUOW radio.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment