Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

9-7-2013, I visit Kay

Kay and her father Frank Brown.  Where this is I don't know.  Probably Puget  Sound somewhere.


 I went to see Kay today.  Yesterday I was not able to go because I went to the doctor outside the facility to get a different  primary care doctor.  As usual I started looking for her in all the usual haunts. first the TV viewing room.  then a care worker said she was probably in her room so we checked there ad if not she may have  found a bed in another room not hers.  Nope not there.  So the worker began looking in the rooms on the floor.  The -  hall shaped in a square which fronts on the outside rooms where the people live.  Not there which leaves only the dining room which was essentially next to the TV room and we had not checked it.  I don't know why she was there unless she was hungry and thought she could get something there to eat.  I took her outside to the little patio and gave her some toffee candy from Costco which she always likes and  a couple crackers.  If she was hungry that might have helped but I should have given her more if she was hungry.  I feel bad to think she was hungry and could not tell anyone.  She might have been served lunch and she might not have eaten it.  The food is so tasteless because it is salt free.  The institutions have not heard that there is absolutely no benefit to salt free. It only make something inedible.  It hurt me to think she is suffering this way.  

I had to come home about 40 minutes after arrival because the shuttle was so late picking me up.  I was not prepared to  capture the shuttle driver working the GPS device because my bag was with the walker in another location out of reach.  There was one time he spent quite a bit of time operating the Gps which would have made a good video.  One time a driver was talking on the phone while driving and operatig the device while driving although I don't remember  if both at the same time.This incident  made me start noticing how these drivers actually do their driving.  It really  shocked me that a driver would do this while driving.  I don't feel particularly bad about it because if they are alert nothing will probably happen.  The device is lower right and the driver must take his eyes off the road to program it.  They do this when picking up extra passengers or dropping off one of more than one passengers on the bus. You figure it out.  My typing is too bad to fix

But no doubt it is illegal.  Especially a public bus driver.   Stay tuned.  

It is always hard to leave because she is left alone with nothing of home to remind her of family.  You just leave. 
What is in her mtind?  I feel as bad when I get in bed at night. I think of her alone.  Can she think of a TV program?   What does she think about?  I don't know but it is a sad end to a life  for someone who spent her whole life thinking of others.  Now no one thinks of her.



Top, Helma Hemry, left Geneva Hemry, R. Reta Brown, Bottom Kathleen Gudgel



No comments: