Following is something I wrote for the kids many years ago and I just now ran across it. I went on a trip to Canada before the US got into WW2 and told the kids about many years ago I don't know if they ever read it
The file titled “My Letter” was written when I went on a trip to Canada with a buyer
for the Hofert Christmas Tree company. I had met him while a messenger for Western
Union. He said he wanted a driver to help him on the trip. This was when Canada was
in the War but before the US was in it. That is WW2 for you young ones. So I jumped
at the chance to go to Canada.
But I found out the first night that he also wanted a plaything.
But after that night and I had it straightened out that I was not going to play he didn't
bother me again on the trip.
We went to mainly Cranbrook BC for the trees. Although the letter gives some details I
have complete forgotten. I don't remember going to visit his relatives. I only remember
going to Cranbrook. It was astounding that all the young guys in town were off in the
service. Absolutely amazing. That I remember. It was like a scyth had gone thourht the
town and removed them. It must have been impressive for me to remember that and not
much else regarding the town.
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment