I think I just experienced treatment by a doctor I never expected to have. On May 26, 2011 I made a report about the most horrible experience of my life. see it here. Http://seniorobserver.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-horrible-day-of-my-life.html I was given some anesthetic that had such a horrible effect on me that I didn't care if I died or lived. Now that I am in need of a cataract operation I want to make sure the next guy doesn't use the same stuff on me. More than just what I say but what the doctor says. I got the after op report and the Doctor Tarbet said nothing about what had happened. Totally ignored. My report was done on May 26, 2011 and if you want to know what I experienced type in "eye" in the search bar and click on may 26 post.
I called the doctors office to request they add this to the report so the surgeon who does the cataract operation knows not to use it. I expected some opposition to this because as she did not include it in the after operation report that they would not want to add it now. However the person who answered the phone said it was not in their files. Now this got my attention as it now seems that they really want to cover it up. I know when they do an operation they always ask if you are allergic to anything but as doctors have such a low opinion of the patients opinions and knowledge I want the guy who does the operation to remove the cataract to know from the guys who did lid lift what is the score. I have one eye left and if something happens to it I will be totally blind. I don't want any chance of that happening.
The person answering the phone at the doctors office tried to tell me it was not the responsibility of the doctor to include it even though what was happening caused me temporary blindness and a trip to the emergency room for a cat scan and MRI. This response was an outright attempt to remove blame on the doctor for hiding the effect of the anesthetic which is what after op reports are for I would think. The bad surgery result may be a black mark on the doctors reputation I suppose but these things do happen. I was going to let it ride until now. I don't know all the ins and outs of the medical practice field. Why the file is missing and why Dr. Tarbet didn't include the incident in the report sounds to me like she wants to cover up the incident.
She tried to hide it and the file is now missing. I went blind during the operation and this person tried to tell me it should not be included? Now I am interested in finding out what is going on.
I wonder too if this operation didn't accelerate the growth of the cataract which is causing me the problem I now have. Perhaps also the increase of my glaucoma.
Updated
feb 27, 2013 I have askd for the after operation report by Dr. Tarbet as I have not received it yet, or the anaestheologist either so
I am asking for his too. The person answering the phone the last tiime say the anaestheologist doesn't make out one but I want to hear that from that doctor. Strange.... I have asked for his name anyway so I expect to get it too. Something strange going on here.
See 2/22/2013 for this update reposted.
No comments:
Post a Comment