It got up near noon and I decided I'd go down to the nearby Thai restaurant and take out something. I had been there before a few times. But when I got there it was not quite noon their opening time on Sunday.I looked around for something else nearby not wanting Appleby's nearby. However there was a Asian restaurant with a Pho name, Cambodian isn't it? OK the door is open so I will give it a try. When I went in, the owner or cook I don't know which, could only show me a menu with English names for Cambodian ingredients. He couldn't or wouldn't describe what they were but eventually suggested a soup of some kind. He gave a list of about 20 kinds with the option of a large or small soup. I finally opted for a large number 1 and small number 2 as I knew Kay would not eat a big one. I had no idea what was in them as the guy at the cash register could not tell me. But when he rang up 15 bucks I decided I'd better do with one large. After a few minutes he started stuffing things into a sack which must be for another take out order as it was way too much for a soup order. No,it was my order. So away I went home on the scooter. When I got home and sorted out the containers on the table there was a hot 16 oz plastic liquid, a 16 oz frozen container of I haven't the faintest idea what, and a frozen bag of sprouts and other vegetation it looked like. . Besides this was a couple plastic cups something I assumed was hot sauce or sauce. So what do I do with all this? I have no idea. I guess I nuke the frozen container and put it and sauce in the hot container. I elected to put about half of the red colored one. Being sure not to put it all in as it might be too hot if it is the hot sauce. That would be for me as Kay does not like spicy foods. That was a mistake as although I like spicy food this was way too much and besides when testing it I got an idea of what the soup was like which I did not. I have no idea what was in it. that left the frozen sprouts to do something with which in my experience was just leave it on a side dish and add to bits of other foods. This leaves me with two containers of soup one too hot to eat and the other one not worth eating.
So what I did was dump this 8 bucks of soup down the disposal and have some milk and crackers with Kay. Next time I will be sure to go to the Thai restaurant or go over to the Mexican near Fred Meyer.
Live and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment